Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Married Adventure

I Married Adventure, The Perfume (oprah.com)

I saw the book, I Married Adventure by Osa Johnson, popping up in almost every interior design blog and magazine a few years ago. Mesmerized by the couples amazing love story and the beautiful vintage zebra cover, I knew I had to have one. I was finally able to track down the original 1940's version at a bookstore in North Carolina that was going out of business for a mere $8. I love this book so much, in fact, that I've decided to use it in my vignettes for my paintings on the new website.

Oprah has featured it in her June 2010 issue and since then there has been a Kate Spade purse, a perfume and even a movie coming out! It's so funny to me how things like this come about, I bet Martin and Osa would be so happy about their books new-found cult following!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I was looking for a good summer read. I'm going to check out Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a good read...if only my "need-to-read" list wasn't already so long! :) I do love the cover, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the cover! i wonder how the book is :) do tell if you decide to give it a read. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I definitely want to read this "title-inspired" book!! Might have to google it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jillian- I've read it and and adore it, it's a fun read for sure! :)

    Jaimie..I hear ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Cheers,
Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...