Monday, November 21, 2011

One commissioned painting's final resting place {Pics}



As you all know, I've been doing quite a bit of commissioned work lately. One of my bigger paintings, shown here before being stretched, made it's way to NYC as I prayed it would make it there with no issues.

I was finally able to get some pics from it's owner..what do you think? I was asked to create the painting with blues and greens and allow it to open up the room. I'm glad to know that I succeeded and she was overjoyed. It's always so stressful trying to figure out what the client has in their head and to get it just right.

P.S. If you have one of my paintings please send me pics! I love to see where they end up in your home! :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh rachel,
    How exciting for you...........and oh my what a beautiful painting, love the colors, and it's finally resting place is perfect.
    Love her rug too, by the way, and the painting is perfect with everything in the room.
    good going.......................
    and hope you get many more painting commissions,
    I am sure it is quite a thrill..........as well as for the recipient of it!
    Stretching it made such an amazing difference.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you nailed it! Beautiful in that space~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you NAILED it. I love that one! (Seriously!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BeAuTiFuL, Rachel! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dropping in to say hi & I've missed reading your post! Time for you to return!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW GORGEOUS!! Your painting just look perfect in that room!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, maybe it's just my mind or the fact that I am still a child.....and I'm surprised I haven't thought this before.....but Georgia O'keeffe would be proud of this painting for obvious reasons! haha It looks great Rachel, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is fabulous, love your painting and the colors that were commissioned! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Cheers,
Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...