Thursday, September 23, 2010

Watch Out! It's A SUPER HARVEST MOON!

For the first time in almost 20 years, northern autumn is beginning on the night of a full Moon. NASA is calling this a "Super Harvest Moon" and getting everyone all excited, including me.

I am a H-UGE space nerd and drive everyone crazy with my launch calendars and space gibberish. It's annoying. I know. I have a girl named Judy to thank for that.She was a much older girl who lived down the street from me and had no friends because she was so weird. And I found her fascinating. She taught me about stars and boobie traps and what to do if you are an 8 year old kid stuck in the woods and and all you have is a spoon.

Anyway...

NASA has me all pumped up so I'm on my way to a dark field with hubby and best friend Patrick armed with telescopes and beers.

It will probably be like this:







But never seeing a Super Harvest Moon before I'm anticipating this:



1 comment:

  1. The moon was incredibly bright last night! Now I know why, I hadn't realized this...so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

A comment, A comment! Oh how I love your thoughts. Thank you in advance, I can't wait to read your message.

I also want to thank you for your visit whether it be your first, second, tenth, or hundredth. I truly appreciate you friend!

Cheers,
Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...